[Beowulf] Does anyone have info on scientific benchmarks on Conroe yet?

Brian Dobbins brian.dobbins at yale.edu
Wed Feb 22 14:16:55 PST 2006

Hi guys,

  It seems some of the NDA material for Intel's Conroe processor were
lifted last night, and several websites are posting information and
benchmarks (in the form of games, of course!).  I was wondering if any
of the gurus here happened to get their hands on any of the test systems
and ran any scientific codes - I'd be very curious to hear the results,
considering the FPU performance Conroe is said to have.

  (Besides better memory bandwidth, it's said to have a 1-cycle SSE
throughput, lower power usage, etc.)

  It's not scheduled for release until 3Q of this year, but it'd be nice
to have a heads-up with regards to what we can expect.  Ideally I'd love
some linpack scores, or standard CFD-type benchmarks, but pretty much
anything would be nice.

  Anyone have any information?

  Thanks,
  - Brian