[Beowulf] cannot add service rlogin, rexec

Swati Longia swati_longia at sifycorp.com
Tue Feb 28 04:47:01 PST 2006

Hi All

I am trying to setup a demo beowulf cluster.
I just have two nodes a master and a slave, both have Fedora Core 2
installed on it.
I searched on the net, found many HowTo's. I am following the one OSTG,
don't know
who has written it. It explains how to setup the head node and the slave
node separately and extensively.

But I am stuck at the place at which the HowTo says that the services
rlogin and rexec should be up.
When I try to add these services by chkconfig, it throws error saying
that service rlogin/rexec does not support
chkconfig.

Can someone help me out on how to proceed now.

Thanks in advance
Swati

--
Weigh'st thy words before thou givest them breath - William Shakespeare.

********** DISCLAIMER **********
Information contained and transmitted by this E-MAIL is proprietary to
Sify Limited and is intended for use only by the individual or entity to
confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If this is a
forwarded message, the content of this E-MAIL may not have been sent with
the authority of the Company. If you are not the intended recipient, an
agent of the intended recipient or a  person responsible for delivering the
information to the named recipient,  you are notified that any use,
distribution, transmission, printing, copying or dissemination of this
information in any way or in any manner is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please delete this mail & notify us
immediately at admin at sifycorp.com

www.sify.com - your homepage on the internet for news, sports, finance,
astrology, movies, entertainment, food, languages etc