[Beowulf] VIA C3 benchmarks?
alvin at Mail.Linux-Consulting.com
Wed Jun 23 14:54:25 PDT 2004
hi ya gardner,jim
On Wed, 23 Jun 2004, Gardner C. Pomper wrote:
> I don't have numbers, but I would be very interested in them too. I imagine that the guy who did this:
> > probably has some. Hopefully he will share them with the list.
numbers would vary depending on the mb and cpu ??
mini-itx comes in c3-500 fanless or c3-800 or c3-1G cpus
other mini-itx mb can support p4-3G w/ 533FSB
<shameless plug below>
== *.edu or *.gov entities are encouraged to email us offline
we're working on a 4U chassis that supports 10 mini-itx mb running off
+12v @6A input per blade ( one big whopping 2U power supply is good enuff)
10 blades per 4U chassis --> 60A @ +12V
40 blades per 1U rack -----> 600A @ +12v ( not trivial ? )
each blade can hold 2 disks or 4 disks ( 1.2TB per blade )
- blades can be one mb per blade or 2 mb per blade
( each fully loaded 4U expected to weigh about 200lbs )
we're looking for beta site for testing that the systems can stay up
and running w/o any problems
- its our 1st pass of metal ( and probably requires some tweeks )
- please reply offline if you want to arrange some (free) eval time
- metal work "could" be free
- you add mb, disk, cpu-if-needed, memory, power supply,
- inexpensive mini-itx mb ( cluster )
$ 100 mini-itx mb
$ 120 512MB of memory
$ 60 40GB disk or diskless system ??
$ ??? marketing/sales/techsupport
More information about the Beowulf