Newest RPM's?

Eric Miller emiller at techskills.com
Sun Mar 31 20:15:53 PST 2002

Whoa, let's start over!

I am looking for the latest Scyld RPM packages, not the RPM tool itself!  I
am all too aware of the RPM tool and it's uses.

To re-word my questions, (and add a new one):

-What are the pros/cons of RPMing the Scyld package on the master as opposed
to doing a full Scyld install.  I assume that the full install will setup
the fstab, DHCP server on the cluster NIC, DNS (or proper /etc/hosts
entries), etc.  Assuming that I am comfortable with doing this myself, are
there any glaring disadvantages to using and RPMed version vs. the full
install?  (Incedentally, this question may be dated.  I assume that an RPM
version is available based on the docs that accompanied my 27Bz-7 CD.)

-If I should decide to go with the full install, is there a more current CD
available than the one I currently possess (27Bz-7)?  If so, are the .iso
files available, or do I need to order a new one?

-If I should decide to keep my RH7.2 and go with the RPMs, what is the
ftp://directory/xyz.rpm that I should use?  The Scyld FTP site is nebulous,
and there are several that look like they may fit the bill.

I hope this makes my questions clearer, thanks alot!