PG-HPF and Scyld 27Bz-7

Marc Cozzi cozzi at nd.edu
Tue Jun 12 07:55:18 PDT 2001

I'm new to this so please be bare with me.

I have installed Scyld 27Bz-7 off the CD on a
24 node cluster. So far everything seems to work.
linpack, beostatus, bpsh commands, mpi-mandel...

I can compile with Portland Group pgf77, pgf90
scalar codes and they run well.

Someone posted a while ago a method to re-compile
the beompi routines with the PGF compiler.
Is this necessary or is it only for performance reasons?

PGF uses and is compatible with OpenMP parallelization
directives for FORTRAN.

Are there similar routines for/with beompi?
Can I use the PGF version/library?

For example:

I have a program with four completely independent do loops
that I want to parallelize. Is there an equivalent directive
in the MPE/MPI like

PARALLEL
  <FORTRAN do loop 1>
END PARALLEL

PARALLEL
  <FORTRAN do loop 2>
END PARALLEL

PARALLEL
  <FORTRAN do loop 3>
END PARALLEL
.
.
.

Thanks in advance for any pointer on this.
  marc