Medical Area for Beowulf

Kim Branson bra369 at
Mon Feb 19 19:37:38 PST 2001

i'm not sure if this is as "medical" you are looking for, but i built a
beowulf cluster to do drug design. I run code which is looking for
potential small molecule inhibitors from a database that will "dock" to a
target protein. It's drug discovery and kind of medical. I also look
at properties of such small molecules.

at the very least i've made some custom shelves in the shape of a double
helix for the cluster..thats gotta count for a bit.

theres a link at

I'll get a proper site up soon

Mr Kim Branson
Phd Student
Structural Biology
Walter and Eliza Hall Institute
Royal Parade, Parkville, Melbourne, Victoria
Ph 61 03 9662 7136
Email kim.branson at