GlobalNOW Benchmark, initial results

Schilling, Richard RSchilling at affiliatedhealth.org
Fri Oct 27 12:59:02 PDT 2000

Well, it's been about a week since I announced the start of the GlobalNOW
benchmarking project, and I'm pretty sure some of you checked it out.  Thank
you all for taking a look at the web pages where the benchmarking is being
done (http://www.nationalinformatics.com and
http://www.affiliatedhealth.org).  The GlobalNOW benchmarking project is
designed to determine a simple, but useful metric of the potential
processing power that can be harnessed from the typical Java (tm) Virtual
Machine running on multiple browsers at the same time.  If you would like