Problem Booting the Slaves

David Leunen leunen.d at fsagx.ac.be
Fri Dec 15 02:53:54 PST 2000

Hello,

With BeoSetup's Scyld, I assigned the nodes to the cluster by draging
the ether-addresses, and cliked apply. Then I did

"bpctl -S all -s reboot"

but nothing appened: the states of the nodes stayed "down". On the
slaves, the output was:

monte: command line: panic=30 ramdisk_size=131072 apm=power-off
monte: Loading 7 sectors of setup code
monte: Loading kernel data at0x100000
monte: Loaded 642144 bytes of kernel data
Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 9f4d4dcb
current->tss.cr3=00195000, %cr3=00195000
*pde=00000000
Oops: 0000
CPU:  0
EIP:  0010:[<c1800060>]
EFLAGS: 00010282

after that, there are all the register and stack status, and it is
frozen. The slaves are P200 16Ram Diskless. I tried with a double PII
256Ram Diskless and it turn 'unavailable' after reboot. What is wrong
with the other ones?

Thanks.

David