[scyld-users] Code execution on compute node

Harshavardhan Ghuge ghugeha at auburn.edu
Sat Aug 20 14:23:25 PDT 2005

Hi,
I am am a new user of the scyld beowulf cluster. I am not the root user.
I am trying to execute a fortran code in the cluster. The code is not a
cluster aware code.
The code reads data from a input file and then writes data to an output
file.
I use the following command to execute the code
bpsh 6 ./binary.out
where 6 is the node number.I have the binary.out and the input data file
stored at two locations. One location is one of the sub-directories on
the master node and other is a directory /scratch on the node 6. After
the bpsh command the code gets executed but it uses the input data file
stored in the sub directories on the master node.It does not use the
data file stored on node 6. This happens because the bpsh command uses
the binary.out file stored on the master node. The program starts on the
master node and then it is passsed to the compute node.
What I want is that the code should use the input data file stored in
the compute node and also the code should create the output data file in
the compute node.
I tried to do this by deleting the data files on the master node but
then the code does not work.
Any suggestions??