[scyld-users] two kernel monte

Leandro Pereira de Lima e Silva (Zed) leandro at vialink.com.br
Sun Nov 16 17:58:02 PST 2003

Hi, I tried to install the monte module and it returned
some errors... can you help me with this?

monte-0.3.0# make
gcc -Wall -s -DPACKAGE_VERSION='"0.3.0"' -o monte monte.c
gcc -O -I/usr/src/linux-2.4.22/include -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE
-DPACKAGE_VERSION='"0.3.0"' -c -o kmonte.o kmonte.c
kmonte.c: In function `monte_restart':
kmonte.c:892: warning: passing arg 1 of `down' from incompatible pointer
type
kmonte.c:909: warning: passing arg 1 of `up' from incompatible pointer type
monte-0.3.0# insmod kmonte.o
kmonte.o: unresolved symbol _mmx_memcpy
kmonte.o: unresolved symbol sys_call_table
kmonte.o: unresolved symbol pcibios_present
kmonte.o: unresolved symbol pcibios_write_config_word
kmonte.o: unresolved symbol high_memory
kmonte.o: unresolved symbol strncpy_from_user
kmonte.o: unresolved symbol free_pages
kmonte.o: unresolved symbol pci_root_buses
kmonte.o: unresolved symbol pcibios_read_config_word
kmonte.o: unresolved symbol printk
kmonte.o: unresolved symbol get_zeroed_page
kmonte.o:
Hint: You are trying to load a module without a GPL compatible license
       and it has unresolved symbols.  Contact the module supplier for
       assistance, only they can help you.

monte-0.3.0#

I'm using Linux 2.4.22..

Thanks, Leandro