[scyld-users] Directing output files to the slave nodes

Cheng Jack-QA3581 Jack.Cheng at motorola.com
Thu Feb 20 12:46:01 PST 2003

Hi,

I inherited a Scyld Beowulf cluster recently and have a question
on how to direct output files to specific slave nodes when executing
a job from the master node.

For example, for the 20 slave nodes in my Beowulf cluster, say that
there are 20 users.  User 1 wants to run an application and store the
output files on slave node #1, user 2 would like to do the same but
store the files on slave node #2, and so on.  Each user would like to
run his/her application program from the master and have the process
run on each node in the cluster (i.e. use the command "bprun -NX").
My understanding is that "bprun -NX" will process the job on each node
and then place the output on the master node.

What would be the best way for the users to direct output files to
specific slave nodes?

Thanks for the help.

	- Jack