[epic] can't compile epic100.c under 2.4 kernel (Red Hat 7.1)?

James Ralston qralston+ml.epic@andrew.cmu.edu
Sat, 19 May 2001 19:20:32 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 10 May 2001, Jon Niehof wrote:

> I've been running plain vanilla 2.4.2 under Debian 2.2, with the
> driver included in the kernel source, with no problem. People have
> been saying there's issues with 2.4.3

Maybe.  I guess I'll find out when Red Hat decides to update the
kernel for RH 7.1.  (I have enough other things on my plate at the
moment, so I'm content to wait for the update from Red Hat, instead of
compiling the new kernel myself.)

> I'm inclined to ditch this card altogether and grab another Netgear
> because, no matter whose fault it is, this Linus/Donald schism is
> starting to drive me up the wall.

Agreed.  I'm grateful to both of them for all the work that they've
done for Linux, but it's frustrating that they cannot set aside their
egos enough to find a way to see eye to eye.

--
James Ralston, Information Technology
Software Engineering Institute