epic100 hangs on SMP-Machine

Ohr, Christian Christian_Ohr@med.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon May 10 03:54:56 1999

Hello,

I have quiet some problems with a SMB 9432BTX, (epic driver 1.06, 10Mbit/s,
twisted pair) running under Linux 2.2.2 on a SMP machine. After some time of
working the network card suddenly hangs up, without further error messages.
Vice versa, after several hours of being deaf and blind, it starts working
again -- sometimes when you sort of "force" this by unplugging and
replugging the cable, shutting down and bringing up the network-level etc.

ifconfig returns reasonable values, the pci and irq seems to be setup
correctly.

eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:E0:29:37:65:03
          inet addr:161.42.65.23  Bcast:161.42.65.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
          collisions:0
          Interrupt:10 Base address:0xa800

I've already read about similar problems in this mailing list. Is there some
"definitive" fix for these kinds of problems?

Greetings
Christian

E-Mail: Christian_Ohr@med.uni-heidelberg.de