Problem with EPIC/100 latching up on RX

Adrian Reyer Adrian.Reyer@RUS.Uni-Stuttgart.DE
Thu Feb 25 19:20:54 1999

On Thu, Feb 25, 1999 at 03:25:08PM +0000, Terry Barnaby wrote:
> We have a problem with networking under Linux. We believe it is
> associated with
> the EPIC/100 Ethernet card driver, but it could be the Linux netwoking
> system.
> The problem is that the ethernet interface seems to lock up occassionly.
> It
> appears that the system will accept no more packets until a packet is
> transmitted.

I had a similar problem here. SMC Etherpower II, Asus P2B-DS, 2
PII-400, kernel 2.2.1, RedHat 5.2, working as a ftp-server.
Every few seconds the Networkinterface 'dropped'. That means if one
pinged it, it lost a paket and then continued replying. When I took
V1.07 (alpha-version) of the epic100-driver, the problems seems not
to exist any more. There were no messages in the logfiles, just the
missing pings and our network administrators complained about logfile
entries.

Bye,
	Heron
--