[Beowulf] [EESSI] “Streaming Optimised Scientific Software: an Introduction to EESSI”

Jörg Saßmannshausen sassy-work at sassy.formativ.net
Tue Nov 21 09:27:20 UTC 2023

Dear all,

Have you ever wished that all the scientific software you use was
available on all the resources you had access to, without having to go
through the pain of getting them installed the way you want/need?
The European Environment for Scientific Software Installations (EESSI,
pronounced “easy”) is a common stack of scientific software
installations for HPC systems and beyond, including laptops, personal
workstations and cloud infrastructure. In many ways it works like a
streaming service for scientific software, instantly giving you the
software you need, when you need it, and compiled to work efficiently
for the architecture you have access to.

On Tuesday 5 December 2023 (14:30-16:00 CET) there will be an online
presentation on EESSI (https://eessi.io) entitled “Streaming Optimised
Scientific Software: an Introduction to EESSI”, which is being organised
in the context of the MultiXscale EuroHPC Centre-of-Excellence
(https://www.multixscale.eu), but open to anyone who’s interested.

In this talk, we’ll explain what EESSI is, how it is being designed, how
to get access to it, and how to use it.
We’ll give a number of demonstrations and also give access to a resource
where you can try EESSI out for yourself.

If you would like to attend this session, please register via:
https://event.ugent.be/registration/eurohpcncceessi202312
(note: this is a different event from the “Best Practices for CernVM-FS
in HPC” tutorial on Mon 4 Dec'23, see
https://event.ugent.be/registration/cvmfshpc202312)

Please feel free to share!

All the best from a wet London