[Beowulf] [External] Re: old sm/sgi bios

Jon Forrest nobozo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 21:29:50 UTC 2023

In the mid-1990s I went on an interview at Pixar for a sys admin job.
This was a much smaller less sophisticated Pixar than what exists now.
They were a heavy SGI shop, given their graphics requirements.

One of the people I interviewed with was rather strange. He wore
all black, and had the prerequisite black fingernail polish. I don't
remember how or why, but during the interview I claimed that SGI
was doomed because of the rising power of PCs and their graphics
cards. He seemed to take this personally and the interview ended.

I didn't get the job.

Cordially,
Jon Forrest