[Beowulf] [External] beowulf hall of fame

Prentice Bisbal pbisbal at pppl.gov
Fri Feb 25 17:47:46 UTC 2022

Thanks for sharing. Is anyone else disappointed to not see Don Becker on
that list? I don't mean to rain on Jim Fischer,'s parade, or his
contribution to the project - I know nothing about him or his role in
the project. When I ever I hear someone talk about the first Beowulf
cluster, the two names I always hear mentioned are Thomas Sterling and
Don Becker, and they've been singled out as the creators of Beowulf many
times (at the BeoBash on the 25th anniversary of Beowulf, for example).
I've never heard of Jim Fischer before.

Prentice