[Beowulf] Data Destruction

Paul Edmon pedmon at cfa.harvard.edu
Wed Sep 29 13:58:58 UTC 2021

Occassionally we get DUA (Data Use Agreement) requests for sensitive
data that require data destruction (e.g. NIST 800-88). We've been
struggling with how to handle this in an era of distributed filesystems
and disks.  We were curious how other people handle requests like this?
What types of filesystems to people generally use for this and how do
people ensure destruction?  Do these types of DUA's preclude certain
storage technologies from consideration or are there creative ways to
comply using more common scalable filesystems?

Thanks in advance for the info.

-Paul Edmon-