[Beowulf] [External] head node abuse

Prentice Bisbal pbisbal at pppl.gov
Fri Mar 26 14:27:44 UTC 2021

Yes, there's a tool developed specifically for this called Arbiter that
uses Linux cgroups to dynamically limit resources on a login node based
on it's current load. It was developed at the University of Utah:

https://dylngg.github.io/resources/arbiterTechPaper.pdf

https://gitlab.chpc.utah.edu/arbiter2/arbiter2

Prentice