[Beowulf] fdr in edr switch

Ryan Novosielski novosirj at rutgers.edu
Wed Mar 3 01:43:43 UTC 2021

We have FDR switches uplinked into an EDR switch. Works fine, but you should be using FDR cables.

--
#BlackLivesMatter
____
|| \\UTGERS,       |---------------------------*O*---------------------------
||_// the State     |         Ryan Novosielski - novosirj at rutgers.edu<mailto:novosirj at rutgers.edu>
|| \\ University | Sr. Technologist - 973/972.0922 (2x0922) ~*~ RBHS Campus
||  \\    of NJ     | Office of Advanced Research Computing - MSB C630, Newark
    `'

On Mar 1, 2021, at 14:03, Michael Di Domenico <mdidomenico4 at gmail.com> wrote:

has anyone plugged a mellanox fdr card into a mellanox edr switch?  i
need to connect a server that doesn't have a x16 port so no edr card,
but i do have an fdr card that's x8.  i don't need the speed just the
connection, but i've not tried this before.  a quick google says it
should work, but i'm loathe to until i hear someone else has.