[Beowulf] fdr in edr switch

Darren Wise darren at wisecorp.co.uk
Tue Mar 2 11:44:35 UTC 2021

Heya,

I do very much the same QSFP28-EDR 100G adapter cards into QSFP+-FDR 56G just with the use of a cable. I even QSFP+-FDR to 4x SFP+-10G using various brocade, mellanox, chelsio hardware and have never come out worse.

Some cables can be a bit funny but I have never had issues with cables branded by NetApp, DELL, CISCO or purchasing coded variants from suppliers. However FS.com are a valued cable supplier for anything that I might think could be a bit fickle.

Allot of the time it is cable compatibility and rarely the adapters themselves.

Hope this help you out buddy :)
Kind regards,
Darren Wise

https://wisecorp.co.uk