[Beowulf] [External] Re: AMD and AVX512

Prentice Bisbal pbisbal at pppl.gov
Mon Jun 21 20:56:08 UTC 2021

Thanks for the input. I have looked at that Wikipedia page before, but
never checked it that closely. I just looked mainly to see what
processors supported what extensions. After taking a closer look at
AVX-512, and all the different subdivisions, I see exactly what you're
saying. It's a mess! Compare that to AVX and AVX2, where it's an
all-or-nothing thing. Makes a lot more sense.

Prentice