[Beowulf] [External] Re: AMD and AVX512

Prentice Bisbal pbisbal at pppl.gov
Wed Jun 16 20:46:49 UTC 2021

i also think you're hpl numbers on the amd chip are low, you should be

   > 4000 which would put you closer to intel, but intel will still edge

out just because it has a higher base clock.

I think I could probably get better numbers out of the AMD chip now,
too. I've done some testing since then compiler and library choice can
make a noticeable difference for the AMD processors. Unfortunately, I no
longer have access to that 7H12 system to test again.

Prentice