[Beowulf] odd vlan issue

Robert Taylor rgt at wi.mit.edu
Wed Jun 16 13:25:18 UTC 2021

 I’ve seen it happen with udp, in my case it was a syslog server, that
hardly ever “spoke” so eventually it’s MAC address disappears from the Cam
table long before it leaves the arp table and the UDP packets get flooded
hoping to find the server.

I’ve also seen this happen in an HA environment, Where it’s possible that
traffic can take an asymmetric path. It happens enough that Cisco wrote an
article about it years ago.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/catalyst-6000-series-switches/23563-143.html

Hope this helps.

rgt