[Beowulf] apline linux

Janne Blomqvist blomqvist.janne at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 10:15:49 UTC 2021

On Sat, Jan 30, 2021 at 7:57 AM Jonathan Aquilina via Beowulf
<beowulf at beowulf.org> wrote:
> Recently been giving alpine linux a try. I am super impressed on virtualized version of it what a low ram footprint it has 60mb starting. What do you guys think when it comes to alpine linux in the HPC space?

AFAIU the libm in musl hasn't received anywhere close to the same
level of attention to correctness and performance as the glibc one.

Further, depending on how you provision accounts in your cluster, the
lack of NSS in musl might be a problem.

--
Janne Blomqvist