[Beowulf] ***UNCHECKED*** Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Re: Spark, Julia, OpenMPI etc. - all in one place

Lux, Jim (US 7140) james.p.lux at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Oct 15 09:02:30 PDT 2020

On 10/15/20, 8:46 AM, "Beowulf on behalf of Prentice Bisbal via Beowulf" <beowulf-bounces at beowulf.org on behalf of beowulf at beowulf.org> wrote:

    On 10/15/2020 9:52 AM, Michael Di Domenico wrote:
    > https://urldefense.us/v3/__https://www.hq.nasa.gov/hpcc/reports/annrpt97/accomps/ess/WW49.html__;!!PvBDto6Hs4WbVuu7!a3kdK5hzAltC6v5z6JZp35zHGfbVA0DzXiGwS9B_H4SbFvp_mqKpefDN0Y65F0C5-XBG2ag$

    My god, that web page is the epitome of mid-90s web design.

    --

Why not... that's when it was made (1997).  I'm sure they were proud of it.  (possibly Jarrett Cohen)

Created with Adobe PageMill 2.0 on a Mac.

And wonderfully simple in terms of page source - no cascading style sheets, no cross site linking, no html5, no flash, no executable code.

Best of all, no dynamic content, so once indexed, a link to this will still be the same information.

And back when not every HPC was a cluster - the image was done at JPL on a Cray T3D. https://www.hq.nasa.gov/hpcc/reports/annrpt97/accomps/ess/WW1.html