[Beowulf] Administrivia: update on the beowulf list

Chris Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Sat Nov 21 20:27:21 UTC 2020

Hi all,

A quick update on where we are with the list, I've had very useful
discussions with my contact at Penguin about the DNS issue and it seems
that it's not resolvable, and so we've agreed that I'll be moving the
list to a VM I will provide at my current hosting provider where I will
have DNS control so we don't have this happen again.

As part of that I'll be doing some upgrades on the current VM over the
weekend to bring it up to the same Debian version as on the new VM to
ease the transition so there may be some disruption and downtime to the
list & associated webserver, I'll try and keep that to a minimum.

All the best,
Chris
--
  Chris Samuel  :  http://www.csamuel.org/  :  Berkeley, CA, USA