[Beowulf] Sad news - RIP Rich Brueckner

Chris Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Sun May 24 23:05:17 PDT 2020

Hi all,

I've learned via @HPC_Guru on Twitter tonight that Rich Brueckner (the guy in
the red hat), who ran InsideHPC and InsideBigData, passed away in Portland,
Oregon on Wednesday (20th May).

https://obits.oregonlive.com/obituaries/oregon/obituary.aspx?n=richard-a-brueckner&pid=196230633

I don't think I ever had the pleasure of meeting Rich (though I certainly
saw him around SC a lot, busily interviewing people for InsideHPC), but
I know many people on the list will likely have done so.

His obituary sasy "Rich's family asks that donations be made to
Multnomah County Animal Services.".   Two years ago Rich made a
fundraising film for them as well.

http://www.oncetherewasagiant.com/

The Multnomah County Animal Services website is here:

https://multcopets.org/

You can make a donation via that site should you wish.

All the best
Chris
--
  Chris Samuel  :  http://www.csamuel.org/  :  Berkeley, CA, USA