[Beowulf] Power per area

Jörg Saßmannshausen sassy-work at sassy.formativ.net
Tue Mar 10 15:56:51 PDT 2020

Dear all,

yes, there is a max load of the floor and you really should stick to that,
even though that might open a hole, pardon, a door for a new data centre. :-)

There are various way of getting more cooling done. You can use doors which
are cooled, the already described plates on the CPU, you can basically use a
large trough and put your nodes in there (the trough is filled with oil, heat
it up enough and you can fry your chips (not)), you can do that smaller as
Iceotop demonstrated:
https://www.iceotope.com/

I guess there are a number of ways you can address the problem. Multi-core
CPUs, like the new AMD ones, might also be a solution as you can get more
cores per area.

I hope that helps a bit.

Jörg