[Beowulf] Neocortex unreal supercomputer

Chris Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Sat Jun 13 21:40:44 PDT 2020

On 13/6/20 7:58 pm, Fischer, Jeremy wrote:

> It’s my understanding that NeoCortex is going to have a petabyte or two
> of NVME disk sitting in front of it with some HPE hardware and then
> it’ll utilize the queues and lustre file system on Bridges2 as its front
> end.

There's more information here:

https://www.psc.edu/3206-nsf-funds-neocortex-a-groundbreaking-ai-supercomputer-at-psc-2

# Neocortex will use the HPE Superdome Flex, an extremely powerful,
# user-friendly front-end high-performance computing (HPC) solution
# for the Cerebras CS-1 servers. This will enable flexible pre- and
# post-processing of data flowing in and out of the attached WSEs,
# preventing bottlenecks and taking full advantage of the WSE
# capability. HPE Superdome Flex will be robustly provisioned with
# 24 terabytes of memory, 205 terabytes of high-performance flash
# storage, 32 powerful Intel Xeon CPUs, and 24 network interface
# cards for 1.2 terabits per second of data bandwidth to each
# Cerebras CS-1.

The way it reads both of these CS-1's will sit behind that single Flex.

All the best,
Chris
--
  Chris Samuel  :  http://www.csamuel.org/  :  Berkeley, CA, USA