[Beowulf] Have machine, will compute: ESXi or bare metal?

Jonathan Aquilina jaquilina at eagleeyet.net
Sun Feb 9 22:30:03 PST 2020

Hi Guys just piggy backing on this thread

I am considering upgrading my pc to 64gb of ram and setting it up as a win 10 based hyper-v host. Would you say this is a good way to learn how to put a cluster together with out the need to invest in a small number of servers? My pc is a ryzen 5 3600 6 core 12 thread cpu motherboard is an msi b450 tomahawk max gaming motherboard currently 32gb ddr4 3200 upgradable to 64.

Let me know your thoughts.

Regards,
Jonathan Aquilina

EagleEyeT