[Beowulf] [External] RIP CentOS 8 [EXT]

Tony Travis tony.travis at minke-informatics.co.uk
Fri Dec 11 11:13:11 UTC 2020

On 11/12/2020 10:45, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
> [...]
> The current Debian project leader has reached out to offer help in some sense.
> https://jonathancarter.org/2020/12/10/centos-stream-or-debian/ - I'm willing
> to help anyone where I can with issues or knowing where to point to to find
> things or even just to be supportive.

Hi,

Can I add to that, for the benefit of CentOS/RHEL users interested in
bioinformatics, that the Debian-Med project provides up-to-date
pre-compiled binaries and source packages of a huge range of
bioinformatics software for Debian and Ubuntu:

> https://www.debian.org/devel/debian-med/

I'm using this along with LizardFS on Ubuntu-MATE 18.04/20.04 my HPC
clusters and workstations.

> https://github.com/lizardfs

[LizardFS is available pre-compiled as .deb packages in Ubuntu Linux]

Bye,

   Tony.

mob. +44(0)7985 078324        mailto:tony.travis at minke-informatics.co.uk