[Beowulf] Administrivia: fixed up issue with some people being unable to email beowulf.org

Chris Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Fri Dec 11 04:43:38 UTC 2020

Hi all,

I had two separate people contact me today via mutual friends about problems
either contacting the list owner address here when trying to subscribe or
sending to the list.

I went digging and found that I'd missed creating a directory for the greylist
software during the transition from the old system to the new VM which meant
that some folks were getting temporary failures back blocking their email
until it eventually bounced (as the greylist software was unable to create its
database).

Most subscribers were not affected as I'd modified the code to check whether the
address was subscribed to the list already and bypass the greylist if they
were, but there appear to be some edge cases it wasn't catching.

I believe I've fixed this now, apologies to those affected!

All the best,
Chris
--
  Chris Samuel  :  http://www.csamuel.org/  :  Berkeley, CA, USA