[Beowulf] [External] RIP CentOS 8 [EXT]

Gerald Henriksen ghenriks at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 02:39:00 UTC 2020

On Thu, 10 Dec 2020 13:05:25 +0000, you wrote:

>A fork is something im thinking about doing in all fairness. Hoping to start soon on it. Need to at this point figure out how to clone the repositories and start my own  testing etc.

Not trying to discourage you, but doing a Linux fork regardless of the
upstream is a lot of work which is why few of the forks survive for
long.

When Red Hat took over CentOS a couple of people started up another
fork, but it never actually got to shipping before they gave up given
the effort involved (can't recall the name they called themselves, and
a quick search doesn't reveal anything)