[Beowulf] [External] RIP CentOS 8 [EXT]

Jörg Saßmannshausen sassy-work at sassy.formativ.net
Tue Dec 8 22:45:06 UTC 2020

Dear all,

maybe we should take that as an opportunity to gently move vendors in the
direction to not only support rpm based but also deb based distributions?
In the end, if I really only can get hold of a rpm package, I still can use
the Debian 'alien' command to convert it to a deb package.

I agree with the Debian 'puristic' stance, I found that sometimes a bit
irritating. However, since I really moved into HPC in 2010, I never had a
problem with that on either Desktops or Cluster hardware.
Problem as in: I did not manage to get it running at all.

I guess your mileage will vary.

All the best

Jörg

Am Dienstag, 8. Dezember 2020, 22:05:21 GMT schrieben Sie: