[Beowulf] [External] CentOS 8 with OpenHPC 1.3.9 available on Qlustar

Ryan Novosielski novosirj at rutgers.edu
Fri Apr 17 16:12:12 PDT 2020

> On Apr 17, 2020, at 1:59 PM, Christopher Samuel <chris at csamuel.org> wrote:
>
> On 4/17/20 10:14 AM, Prentice Bisbal via Beowulf wrote:
>
>> I think you mean Slurm 18.08.x
>
> Just a heads up that Slurm 18.08 is no longer supported, 20.02 is the current release and 19.05 is now only getting security fixes from what I've read on the Slurm list (though some fixes have gone into their git repo which I've cherry picked some of for our own internal builds).

Yes, I’d very much like to see either 19.05 of 20.02 be released at least once in OpenHPC 1.x, or whatever version will support CentOS 7.x. We aren’t THAT far from moving to 8.x, but this would not be our ideal moment to do so but would like to remain supported (SchedMD has started the “you really should upgrade”). That doesn’t seem to be getting much traction with OpenHPC.

--
____
||_// the State	 |         Ryan Novosielski - novosirj at rutgers.edu
|| \\ University | Sr. Technologist - 973/972.0922 (2x0922) ~*~ RBHS Campus
||  \\    of NJ	 | Office of Advanced Research Computing - MSB C630, Newark
     `'