[Beowulf] mellanox and rhel 7.7

Darren Wise darren at wisecorp.co.uk
Fri Sep 6 15:12:10 PDT 2019

What sort of mellanox hardware are you running, just out of interest?

I'm using an 36 port mellanox voltaire 4036 grid director along with dual port 40GBPS SUN cards, when I get around to it as I'm a little over worked at present but have reinstalled everything and upgraded the firmware to the highest possible, I'll see if I can IPoIB which I know they support just fine but as I have two IB ports utilised in each node, card I'm going to try bonding mode 6? Balance-alb which I'm sure could really help IP based traffic.

Trying to get hold of a duplicate for my other 42u rack as well while this one will stay in my two  chatsworths global frame.. Really nice switches, love the CLI interface too, no messing about!!

I'm using CentOs7 so have no clue about beat versions and such coming about, sorry :(
-i'd love to hear more about the mellanox kit and usage you compute, network for.

Kind regards
Darren Wise