[Beowulf] Beowulf Bash @ SC19

Stu Midgley sdm900 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 23 16:12:02 PST 2019

Hi Everyone

It was great to attend the Beowulf Bash at SC19.  I caught up with many
friends (made some new) and talked geek shit for hours.  I did have a
slight hang-over the next day.

I also spoke to Donald and thanked him for what he created.

The Beowulf movement has been one of the most significant movements in the
HPC and Linux world.

It has
  * inspired people to take ownership of their own hardware
  * helped define and promote Linux
  * support and promoted free and open standards
  * given us free and open network drivers (thanks Donald)
  * allowed us to build some of the largest compute engines in world
  * generated companies and businesses
  * driven the creation of thousands of jobs
  * defined many generations of super computers

and so much more.

Let us all get behind the beowulf bash @ SC20, make it an even bigger event.

Let us use the event to remember the heritage and not just use it as a name.

I would like to especially thank the sponsors

    AMD
    AWS
    Lenovo
    Penguin Computing
    Tactical Computing Labs
    Admin HPC
    Aeon Computing
    Aquarius
    arm
    Basements Supercomputing
    BioTeam
    Cluster Monkey
    Enterprise AI
    Formulus Black
    Hewlett Packard Enterprise
    HPC wire
    Numascale
    nVidia
    Panasas
    R Systems
    Red Barn HPC
    The Next Platform
    XAND Marketing
    Xtreme-D

*Please donate when asked!*

I leave you with a reminder of this years piss-poor effort - from the
community that has benefitted so much.

    https://www.gofundme.com/f/beowulf-bash-2019

[image: image.png]

All it takes is $10 - you'll drink and eat more than that!

--
Dr Stuart Midgley
sdm900 at gmail.com