[Beowulf] MS-DOS DOSBOX

Chris Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Thu Nov 7 21:24:01 PST 2019

Hi John,

On Tuesday, 5 November 2019 5:22:14 PM PST Jonathan Engwall wrote:

> Yesterday I raised DosBox cpu emulation to nearly 600 megahertz with frame
> skipping at 10, and found DosBox still useable. Can this cpu emulation be
> verified somehow?

I'm curious & have to know - what are you using DosBox for on your cluster?

It's not unheard of, over a decade ago when I was at VPAC in Melbourne we
installed Wine on our clusters so that a group could run the Windows command
line code "LatentGold" on our x86 Linux clusters.  Apparently worked a treat!

All the best,
Chris
--
  Chris Samuel  :  http://www.csamuel.org/  :  Berkeley, CA, USA