[Beowulf] HPE to acquire Cray

Michael Di Domenico mdidomenico4 at gmail.com
Fri May 17 07:10:16 PDT 2019

On Fri, May 17, 2019 at 10:01 AM Jonathan Aquilina
<jaquilina at eagleeyet.net> wrote:

> Redhat and IBM im worried as I use Centos big time and then the only thing I can think of is forking fedora and roll a rolling distro if they decide to pull the plug. But we have to wait and see.

in regards to centos, that's another ugh moment.  i was looking to see
when centos was going to drop v8.  to me the the one wiki page they
put up reads like a big whine about how much work there is and people
should stop asking.

and intel just released a linux distro (i didn't read into it much),
so i wonder if openhpc might move to that and drop centos.  in my view
centos's future is uncertain, which makes me unhappy :(