[Beowulf] Frontier Announcement

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Thu May 9 09:53:20 PDT 2019

Gerald that is an excellent history.
One small thing though: "Of course the ML came along"
What came first - the chicken or the egg? Perhaps the Nvidia ecosystem made
the ML revolution possible.
You could run ML models on a cheap workstation or a laptop with an Nvidia
GPU.
Indeed I am sitting next to my Nvidia Jetson Nano - 90 dollars for a GPU
which can do deep learning.
Prior to CUDA etc. you could of course do machine learning, but it was
being done in universities.
I stand to be corrected.