[Beowulf] How to debug error with Open MPI 3 / Mellanox / Red Hat?

Faraz Hussain info at feacluster.com
Thu May 2 11:00:54 PDT 2019

Quoting John Hearns via Beowulf <beowulf at beowulf.org>:

> But no-one wants to pay for Bright Cluster Manager, for example.
> So the end user gets at best a freeware solution like Rocks, or at worst
> some Kickstarted setup which installs an OS,
> the CentOS supplied IB drivers and MPI, and Gridengine slapped on top of
> that.

Unfortunately, I doubt there is budget for any Bright Cluster Manager
or Qluster. What we have is the "kickstarted" system as you describe..

This is a very tiny cluster used by just a handful of researchers.
It's one of many "satellite" cluster in our company.. Each one was
kind of "kickstarted" many years ago and limping along...