[Beowulf] Large amounts of data to store and process

Jonathan Aquilina jaquilina at eagleeyet.net
Thu Mar 14 22:28:42 PDT 2019

I think what I was getting at is why not include the current HPC practices to every day desktops in the sense since we are reaching certain limits and have to write code to take advantage of more and more cores. Why not use MPI and the like to help distribute the software side of things to the cores?

It could be my entire concept of MPI is way of or im misunderstanding completely how it works.