[Beowulf] Large amounts of data to store and process

Douglas Eadline deadline at eadline.org
Wed Mar 13 14:22:23 PDT 2019

I realize it is bad form to reply ones own post and
I forgot to mention something.

Basically the HW performance parade is getting harder
to celebrate. Clock frequencies have been slowly
increasing while cores are multiply rather quickly.
Single core performance boosts are mostly coming
from accelerators. Added to the fact that speculation
technology when managed for security, slows things down.

What this means, the focus on software performance
and optimization is going to increase because we can just
buy new hardware and improve things anymore.

I believe languages like Julia can help with this situation.
For a while.

--
Doug

Doug