[Beowulf] Lustre on google cloud

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 26 04:46:56 PDT 2019

) Terabyte scale data movement into or out of the cloud is not scary in
2019. You can move data into and out of the cloud at basically the line
rate of your internet connection as long as you take a little care in
selecting and tuning your firewalls and inline security devices.  Pushing
1TB/day etc.  into the cloud these days is no big deal and that level of
volume is now normal for a ton of different markets and industries.

Amazon will of course also send you a semi trailer full of hard drives to
import your data...  The web page says "Contact Sales for pricing"