[Beowulf] Anybody here still use SystemImager?

m.somers at chem.leidenuniv.nl m.somers at chem.leidenuniv.nl
Tue Feb 26 12:12:40 PST 2019

We went from systemimager, that still worked fine on CentOS 6, to a
kickstart automated install on CentOS 7 after checking several options.
The problems I encountered with systemimager, is that the 2.6.x kernel
used in them boel and suplied kernels, does not load the 3.x kernel
modules and including a 3.x kernel into systemimager was *A LOT* of python
patching all over the place. The 2.6 and 2.4 kernel version numbers were
hardcoded into the scripts as far as I can remember. Moreover systemimager
has not been maintained for some time now if i'm not mistaken. so we went
for alternatives and finally decided that a simple kickstart of less than
100 lines would suffice in our case.

--
mark somers
tel: +31715274437