[Beowulf] Centos 7 news

Jonathan Engwall engwalljonathanthereal at gmail.com
Sat Aug 31 22:31:10 PDT 2019

Hello Beowulf
I had trouble with this 800+ M "bugfix" tonight. First, my machine failed
to launch a vnc (thank you) then mounted a remote nfs file system. Then
hang.........ctrl alt f2 to the rescue.
After a couple hours I narrowed the problem down using groupinstall.
The new kernel, in the end, would not (and did not) build the module for my
new workstation card.

Jonathan Engwall