[Beowulf] Build Recommendations - Private Cluster

Christopher Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Wed Aug 21 15:04:36 PDT 2019

On 8/21/19 3:00 PM, Richard Edwards wrote:

> So I am starting to see a pattern. Some combination of CentOS + Ansible + OpenHPC + SLURM + Old CUDA/Nvidia Drivers;-).

My only comment there would be I do like xCAT, especially with statelite
settings so you can PXE boot a RAM disk on the nodes but still set up
parts of the image that are writeable over NFS from the management node
for persistent storage.  Tends to help if you have IPMI on the nodes
though (remote power control etc).

https://xcat.org/

Best of luck!
Chris