[Beowulf] Build Recommendations - Private Cluster

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 20 22:45:41 PDT 2019

Add up the power consumption for each of those servers. If you plan on
installing this in a domestic house or indeed in a normal office
environment you probably wont have enough amperage in the circuit you
intend to power it from.
Sorry to be all doom and gloom.
Also this setup will make a great deal of noise. If in a domestic setting
put it in the garage.
In an office setting the obvious place is a comms room but be careful about
the ventilation.
Office comms rooms often have a single wall mounted air conditioning unit.
Make SURE to run a temperature shutdown script.
This air con unit WILL fail over a weekend.

Regarding the software stack I would look at OpenHPC. But that's just me.