[Beowulf] software for activating one of many programs but not the others?

Jörg Saßmannshausen sassy-work at sassy.formativ.net
Tue Aug 20 13:56:04 PDT 2019

Dear all,

we are using Easybuild at the Crick and for us it is working well. We got the
flexibility we need, it is all compiled from source and if you want to use a
different compiler, just use a different tool chain. This and the flexibility
of lmod are really good. This also means we can maintain a central software
stack without too many issues.
The only time we are using anaconda is when there are python software is
involved and it is too difficult for us to build.

My two pennies from Little Britain!

Jörg